DMD 2023

This is the International Deauville-meets-Deauville Forum

The history part (read only)
Marcel

DMD 2023

Post by Marcel » Tue May 04, 2021 3:23 pm

Deauville Meets Deauville 2023

Deauville Meets Deauville is in 2003 gestart in de plaats Deauville in Frankrijk.
Dit omdat deze stad de naamgever van de Honda Deauville is.
Omdat 2023 het jubileum is van 20 jaar DMD leek het mij leuk om weereens terug te keren naar de stad Deauville in 2023 en dan ook te proberen om de mensen uittenodigen die DMD toen hebben opgezet.
Hoe denken jullie hier over, goed idee?

Groeten Marcel Verhagen

Deauville Meets Deauville begann 2003 in Deauville in Frankreich.
Das liegt daran, dass diese Stadt der Namensgeber der Honda Deauville ist.
Da 2023 das Jubiläum von 20 Jahren DMD ist, dachte ich, es wäre schön, 2023 in die Stadt Deauville zurückzukehren und zu versuchen, die Leute einzuladen, die DMD gegründet haben.
Wie empfinden Sie das, gute Idee?

Grüße Marcel Verhagen

Deauville Meets Deauville started in 2003 in the town of Deauville in France.
This is because this city is the namesake of the Honda Deauville.
Because 2023 is the anniversary of 20 years of DMD, I thought it would be nice to return to the city of Deauville in 2023 and try to invite the people who set up DMD.
How do you feel about this, good idea?

Regards Marcel Verhagen

Michael_KLE

Re: DMD 2023

Post by Michael_KLE » Tue May 04, 2021 3:30 pm

Wonderful idea!

But do you know someone who would be able to organize it?
Michael
DmD 2006 - 2019, (2021), 2022 - 2023

dmd-admin
Site Admin

Post by dmd-admin » Tue May 04, 2021 4:23 pm

Hello Marcel,

In principle, there is certainly no reason why we shouldn't meet again in Deauville. I have not yet managed to visit the city.

I see it like Michael, someone would have to organise it. In the meantime, we have for each DmD a local team on site that takes over essential tasks and is well networked with the international community. We have done well with this in recent years and, in my view, it was one of the guarantees for the successful meetings.

The pioneers are very welcome at every DmD.

Many greetings
Peter

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Tue May 04, 2021 4:56 pm

Als ik het goed heb begrepen is er in Frankrijk een team, zouden zij dit niet kunnen doen?

Als de starter van het DMD weet ik hoe lastig het kan zijn maar ik denk dat de plaats Deauville best hun medewerking willen geven gezien de ervarign die zij hebben opgedaan met de rustige groep motorrijders in 2003.

If I understand correctly there is a team in France, could they not do this?

As the starter of the DMD I know how difficult it can be but I think the place Deauville would like to give their cooperation given the experians ign they gained with the group of motor riders in 2003.

Wenn ich richtig verstanden habe, gibt es in Frankreich ein Team, könnten sie das nicht tun?

Als Starter des DMD weiß ich, wie schwierig es sein kann, aber ich denke, der Ort Deauville würde ihre Zusammenarbeit angesichts der Ervarugn, die sie mit der ruhigen Gruppe von Motor-Fahrern im Jahr 2003 gewonnen haben möchten.

dmd-admin
Site Admin

Post by dmd-admin » Tue May 04, 2021 6:09 pm

The French team has just organised two meetings and invested a lot of time and energy, even though neither meeting took place.

The support of the respective city and institutions of the city is important and forms the basis, at least one contact person on site is priceless in my experience. And typically, a team applies with a proposal for the location and an idea for the meeting.

I can't speak for the current team, but I can understand very well that from their point of view, other teams have to take over first - that's how I would see it. I was also glad that after 2017 and 2018 other teams took over and I "only" had to do the website. Moreover, I can't say whether any of the team members live near Deauville at all.

Regards
Peter

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Thu May 06, 2021 4:32 pm

Hello Peter,

Is it possible for you to contact one of the members of the French team.
As i remember Alain and/or Jean-Pierre where there in 2003

Regards Marcel

ClemensHD

Post by ClemensHD » Fri May 07, 2021 2:22 pm

Hello Marcel,
times are changing and DMD 2023 does not compare to your last active DMD time. I remember to you, but i think it`s a long time ago. Since few years we have had an international organization team and together we advise on the next DMD-meetings.

The last few years have shown, that`s not easy to organisize a DMD-meeting.

I believe it`s a chance for you to be first time again active in the next DMD and to be guest in the organizationteam-meeting. If you want, it`s surely no problem, that you are the head of the organisation of DMD 2024, 2025 or another DMD. But first you need a look in the actualy work and be participant. It`s easy to say we could meet us in .........., but it`s not easy to make contracts, speaks with the city and police, or make nessesary insurance for the meeting, rent town hall or .........

See you next DMD.

Greetings from Heidelberg

Clemens, member of DMD-team 2017 and 2018

Michael_KLE

Post by Michael_KLE » Fri May 07, 2021 3:19 pm

Hi Marcel, hi Clemens,

I do agree to that, what Clemens wrote.
Welcome back! Hope to meet you during a next DmD-meeting.

Michael,
member of the orga-team DmD 2017/ DmD 2018
member of the International DmD-team
Michael
DmD 2006 - 2019, (2021), 2022 - 2023

dmd-admin
Site Admin

Post by dmd-admin » Fri May 07, 2021 3:41 pm

Marcel wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:32 pm
... Is it possible for you to contact one of the members of the French team.
Marcel, do you really expect that the French team, after more than three years of engagement for two DmDs, will start preparing for the DmD in 2023 right now - I do not.

I may ask, but I guess the answer will clear: NO

Peter

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Sat May 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Hallo allemaal,

Sorry dat ik met het idee kwam om het jubileum in 2023 in Deauville te houden.
Ik had er geen idee van dat het tegenwoordig allemaal zo moeilijk is om te organiseren.
Ik heb van 2003 tot en met 2006 in de organisatie gezeten en toen viel het allemaal wel mee.
Het idee waarmee we in 2003 starten was dan ook, wij geven de plaats en de datum en iedereen moet het verder zelf organiseren als een vakantie.
Dat er langzaam meer omheen gedaan werd is niet meer dan logies.
Voor 2013 heb ik het ook geprobeert om het 10 jarig jubileum in Luxemburg of Deauville te houden en ook toen was dat niet mogenlijk.
Jammer maar op naar het 30 jarig jubileum.

Groeten Marcel

Hallo alle,

Sorry, ich kam auf die Idee, das Jubiläum in Deauville im Jahr 2023 zu halten.
Ich hatte keine Ahnung, dass es in diesen Tagen alles so schwer zu organisieren ist.
Ich war von 2003 bis 2006 in der Organisation und dann war es nicht so schlimm.
Die Idee, die wir 2003 gestartet haben, war daher, dass wir den Ort und das Datum geben und jeder muss es selbst als Urlaub organisieren.
Dass langsam mehr um sie herum getan wurde, ist nichts anderes als normal.
Für 2013 habe ich auch versucht, den 10. Jahrestag in Luxemburg oder Deauville zu feiern, und selbst dann war das nicht möglich.
Auf zum 30. Jubiläum.

Grüße Marcel

Hi everyone,

Sorry I came up with the idea to hold the anniversary in Deauville in 2023.
I had no idea it's all so hard to organize these days.
I was in the organization from 2003 to 2006 and then it wasn't so bad.
The idea we started in 2003 was therefore, we give the place and the date and everyone has to organize it themselves as a holiday.
That more was slowly being done around it is nothing more than normal.
For 2013 I also tried to hold the 10th anniversary in Luxembourg or Deauville and even then that was not possible.
It's on to the 30th anniversary.

Regards Marcel

Salut à tous,

Désolé, j’ai eu l’idée de tenir l’anniversaire à Deauville en 2023.
Je ne savais pas que tout était si difficile à organiser ces jours-ci.
J’ai été dans l’organisation de 2003 à 2006, et puis ce n’était pas si mal.
L’idée que nous avons lancée en 2003 était donc que nous donnions le lieu et la date, et que chacun l’organise lui-même comme un congé.
Le fait que l’on ait lentement fait plus autour d’elle n’est rien d’autre que la normale. Pour 2013, j’ai également essayé de célébrer le 10e anniversaire à Luxembourg ou à Deauville, et même dans ce cas, cela n’a pas été possible.
On est en 30e anniversaire.

En ce qui concerne Marcel