We did it for the first time ...
The first meeting took place in Deuaville in 2003. About 160 people (100 motorcycles) from 10 European countries met in Deauville.
Many thanks to the organizers: Engelke, Eric, Wim and Marcel and all participants.
This meeting in Deauville lays the foundation for the annual meetings in various cities and countries.
Participants talking about this first meeting:
"It was a great meeting and for many people unforgettable!"
"Want we to repeat it again?"
... and we did it many times again.
In the meantime (as of 2023) more than 2600 participants from over 24 countries have visited a DmD. These countries include:
- United Kingdom
but also participants from Chile and Australia were already there.
In 2005 about 260 participants from 13 countries met in Riegel, in 2007 and 2018 the participants came from 15 countries.
It is a special event when motorcycle enthusiasts from Europe and beyond meet. Meanwhile this is a big family reunion and there is an overwhelming hello as a welcome. There is a lot to tell if you haven't seen each other for a year; communication goes with hands and feet, motorcycling itself is international and succeeds perfectly even in transnational groups.
We see this as a living contribution to a united Europe!
We have been here and there, all meetings at a glance:
- DmD 2003: Deauville, France
- DmD 2004: Vianden, Luxembourg
- DmD 2005: Riegel, Germany
- DmD 2006: Renesse, Netherland
- DmD 2007: Völlen-Lana, Italy
- DmD 2008: Vianden, Luxembourg
- DmD 2009: Pec pod Sněžkou, Tschech Republic
- DmD 2010: Vimeiro, Portugal
- DmD 2011: Riegel, Germany
- DmD 2012: Vogue, France
- DmD 2013: Anstruther, Scotland
- DmD 2014: Segovia, Spain
- DmD 2015: Houffalize, Belgium
- DmD 2016: Roma, Italy
- DmD 2017: Eberbach, Germany
- DmD 2018: Tarrenz, Austria
- DmD 2019: Paignton, England
- DmD 2020: Saint Nectaire, France *)
- DmD 2021: Saint Nectaire, France *)
- DmD 2022: Koksijde, Belgium
- DmD 2023: Masserberg, Germany
- DmD 2024: Alcalá de Henares, Spain
*) canceled due to the international Covid-19 pandemic